Protect, nourish and restore your hair & skin during and after sun and environmental exposure! tel: (216) 292-4247
When it comes to protection against the sun and environmental elements, are you providing the best protection for your hair and skin? Welcome to Davines’ SU/ hair & body care line! This innovative line is specially formulated with pro-vitamin B5, UV filters and Citrus Myrtifolia extract from Savona, Italy! SU/hair & body products provide protective and nourishing ingredients to protect and restore your hair and skin during and after sun exposure and environmental elements.
The Davines SU/hair & body products
Hydrate your hair and skin with the SU/Hair & Body Wash. This delectably scented, gentle moisturizing hair and body wash creates an AMAZING luxurious shower experience that moisturizes and nourishes you from head-to-toe leaving your hair and skin soft & silky! ($24 full-size | $11 travel-size)
SU/After Sun is a soothing gel cream specifically formulated to hydrate and restore moisture to the skin. It soothes redness and burning with a targeted cooling action that refreshes provides immediate relief to even the driest skin. ($29.00) Overexposure to the sun, chlorine and salt water can cause your hair to become dry and brittle. Revive and restore your hair with the SU/Hair Mask. This nourishing, anti-aging treatment hair mask is formulated with shea fruit butter to soften the hair and the natural antioxidant agent, chinotto. The result is soft, shiny, and replenished hair! Great for all hair types. ($27.50)
Protect your hair & color with Davines SU/Hair Milk. An amazing leave-in treatment that utilizes UVA and UVB filters to prevent dehydration of your hair and protection for your color. This light spray detangles, conditions and leaves your hair shiny and soft without weighing it down. Wonderful for all hair types (especially fine hair)! ($29.00 full-size | $14.00 travel-size)
From hat hair to static electricity, split ends to dry frizz, when winter weather hits, a bad hair day can last an entire season. Hair typically gets 25 percent dryer during the winter. Even if you live in a moderate climate, you’re still susceptible to hair-raising changes as the seasons pass.
The environment can have some of the most damaging effects on hair in both summer and winter, but in winter it’s often worse because people generally don’t take as many precautions to protect their hair. Sun exposure (which can be as intense on a ski slope as it is on a beach) combined with blustery winter wind as well as snow, rain, and icy cold (which makes hair brittle and dry) can all come together to create some very bad winter hair days.
Even if you spend most of your time indoors, winter is still your hair’s enemy. Indoor heating can be something akin to spending an entire afternoon under a hair dryer. Honestly, it’s not quite as dramatic as the damage would be from that, but it certainly gives you an idea of what indoor heating can do to your hair. No matter what’s causing your winter hair woes, it is a fact the hair tends to become dry faster and have more breakage in the winter.
Here are 5 simple nourishing, replenishing and protective steps you can take for winter hair wellness ~
1. Make sure you are equipped with a high quality, salon professional shampooand conditioner.The right shampoo and conditioner at this time of the year will help repair, seal and smooth your hair. A good hair mask is highly recommended once to twice a week for severely damaged hair. Davines SU/Mask or Davines Nounou or Minu masks are wonderful for winter stressed hair. Note: Do not over use “Protein” treatments or conditioners. Actual protein treatments or conditioners help to reinforce weak hair but should only be used when professionally recommended. Over use of “protein” on the hair can cause buildup resulting in dry, brittle hair and breakage.
2. Avoid over-washing your hair in winter and in the shower. Try to wash it over the sink or tub with warm to cool water. The pressure of the shower head and the hot water causes the formation of tiny chinks in the surrounding cuticle which adds to the problems of hair dryness and breakage.
3.Towel-dry your hair very gently post shampooing and conditioning as aggressive rubbing roughs up the cuticle that can lead to breakage. Less friction results also in less frizzing!
4. Professionally prescribed styling products for men and women are a must to help protect the hair from thermal styling and the environment. “Layering” your hair products individually and combing each through thoroughly can help achieve added protection, control, texture, shine and reduce static. Professional hair products are not only recommended for men’s hair but for also softening and controlling beards! If using a blow-dryer, direct warm (not hot) air from the down to encourage hair to lay flatter.
5. Plenty of water and good nutrition that incorporates small portions of all the key food groups such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean protein sources helps to nourish and protect hair. Taking a quality-grad multivitamin with essential B vitamins (B6, B12, folate), essential fatty acids and adequate minerals can help dry, weak hair prone to breakage in the winter. Read more here about the Top 10 herbs for hair growth & Your Diet, Your Hair.
Finally, use a Humidifier (moist air). Dry air from either climate conditions or working in a building that pumps air (hot or cold) in can result in lifeless, flat, dry, and flyaway hair. Regularly run a humidifier to help put moisture back into the air.
The haircare lines at D’MAZ Lifestyle Salon were very carefully chosen based on their proven ability to perform and give the best results with attention and respect for the environment using high-grade natural and organic ingredients. It would be a pleasure to prescribe for you a custom home regimen that would help give your hair the best health, shine, and control for your hair texture and type. Call (216) 292-4247 for an appointment with Denise today!
D’MAZ Lifestyle Salon Disclaimer: This article is provided solely for general information only. It is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any form of health, hair/scalp issues or problems and should not be depended upon as a substitute for any consultations with qualified health professionals. Always consult your doctor before beginning, changing or ending any nutritional and/or medicinal programs. Denise Zingale, Master Hairdresser, Reiki Master & NGA Certified Personal Trainer
By: Denise Zingale Travis, D’MAZ Lifestyle Salon (216) 292-HAIR (4247)
As we begin a new season ~ Autumn rolls in grabbing our attention with exquisitely colorful leaves, brisk cool air and fabulous chilly weather fashions…. Unfortunately along with the beauty of the season comes unruly, lackluster, dry hair and scalp.
After summer hair care should start immediately to make sure your tresses welcome the cooler season looking shiny, bouncy, soft and restored. “Lightweight” products are great for spring and summer with the added humidity in the air, but a cooler climate calls for thicker ingredients that nourish & replenish hair. Your hair may seem drier as you increase the use of central heating throughout the winter & conditioning is the key. Conditioner such as Aquage SeaExtend conditioners and treatments or ABBA Moisture Conditioner helps to close the cuticle and seal in moisture.
Unless you live in an environmentally friendly city year round, the beginning of autumn is the perfect time to revise and update your hair care regimen. Call Denise at (216) 292-HAIR (4247) to have your personal regimen reviewed and updated today!
By: Denise Zingale Travis / D’MAZ Salon Master Hairdresser, Permanent Wave Specialist, and Colorist
1. Squeeze-dry your hair
GENTLY wring water from your hair post shampooing & conditioning. Less friction results in less frizzing. To speed up drying time and prevent the use of excessive thermal heat, wring hair gently with paper towels to absorb more water before blow-drying.
2.Tend to your scalp not just your hair
Clarifying shampoos do not sufficiently cleanse product buildup on the scalp which can result in clogged hair follicles, weakened hair strands and slow hair growth. Apply an astringent to the scalp once a week with a cotton ball, then shampoo with professionally recommended shampoo and conditioner.
3. Wash your hair before receiving a color service The colorist needs to see your actual hair color to determine successful desired results. Product buildup can make the hair look darker than what it really is and unwashed hair does not make the color take better – it can actually prevent hair color from processing effectively.
4. Do not over use “Protein” treatments or conditioners Actual protein treatments or conditioners help to reinforce weak hair but should only be used when professionally recommended.Over use of “protein” on the hair can cause buildup resulting in dry, brittle hair and breakage.
5. Use a Humidifier (moist air) Dry air from either climate conditions or working in a building that pumps air (hot or cold) in can result in lifeless, flat, dry, and flyaway hair. Use professionally recommended moisturizing hair products and regularly run a humidifier to help put moisture back into the air.
D’MAZ Salon Disclaimer: This article is provided solely for general information only. It is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any form of hair/scalp issues or problems and should not be depended upon as a substitute for any consultations with qualified health professionals.
The original Moroccanoil® Treatment is an essential foundation for hairstyling that is used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool. Infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil, strengthening proteins and shine-boosting vitamins, this completely transformative treatment detangles, speeds up drying time and boosts shine—leaving hair smooth, manageable and nourished with each use.
Available at D’MAZ Salon in 3.4 oz retail size and .85 oz. travel size.