Protect, nourish and restore your hair & skin during and after sun exposure! tel: (216) 292-4247
When it comes to protection against the sun and summer elements, are you providing the best protection for your hair and skin? Welcome to Davines’ SU/ hair & body care line! This innovative line is specially formulated with pro-vitamin B5, UV filters and Citrus Myrtifolia extract from Savona, Italy! SU/ products provide protective and nourishing qualities to protect and restore your hair and skin during and after sun exposure to summer’s environmental elements.
Meet the Davines SU/ products:
Hydrate your hair and skin with the SU/Hair & Body Wash. This delectably scented, gentle moisturizing hair and body wash creates an AMAZING luxurious shower experience that moisturizes and nourishes you from head-to-toe leaving your hair and skin soft & silky! ($24 full-size | $11 travel-size)
SU/After Sun is a soothing gel cream specifically formulated to hydrate and restore moisture to the skin. It soothes redness and burning with a targeted cooling action that refreshes provides immediate relief to even the driest skin. ($29.00) Overexposure to the sun, chlorine and salt water can cause your hair to become dry and brittle. Revive and restore your hair with the SU/Hair Mask. This nourishing, anti-aging treatment mask is formulated with shea fruit butter to soften the hair and the natural antioxidant agent, chinotto. The result is soft, shiny, and replenished hair! Great for all hair types. ($27.50)
Protect your hair & color with Davines SU/Hair Milk. An amazing leave-in treatment that utilizes UVA and UVB filters to prevent dehydration of your hair and protection for your color. This light spray detangles, conditions and leaves your hair shiny and soft without weighing it down. Wonderful for all hair types (especially fine hair)! ($29.00 full-size | $14.00 travel-size)
From hat hair to static electricity, split ends to dry frizz, when winter weather hits, a bad hair day can last an entire season. Hair typically gets 25 percent dryer during the winter. Even if you live in a moderate climate, you’re still susceptible to hair-raising changes as the seasons pass.
The environment can have some of the most damaging effects on hair in both summer and winter, but in winter it’s often worse because people generally don’t take as many precautions to protect their hair. Sun exposure (which can be as intense on a ski slope as it is on a beach) combined with blustery winter wind as well as snow, rain, and icy cold (which makes hair brittle and dry) can all come together to create some very bad winter hair days.
Even if you spend most of your time indoors, winter is still your hair’s enemy. Indoor heating can be something akin to spending an entire afternoon under a hair dryer. Honestly, it’s not quite as dramatic as the damage would be from that, but it certainly gives you an idea of what indoor heating can do to your hair. No matter what’s causing your winter hair woes, it is a fact the hair tends to become dry faster and have more breakage in the winter.
Here are 5 simple nourishing, replenishing and protective steps you can take for winter hair wellness ~
1. Make sure you are equipped with a high quality, salon professional shampoo and conditioner. The right shampoo and conditioner at this time of the year will help repair, seal and smooth your hair. A good hair mask is highly recommended once to twice a week for severely damaged hair. Davines SU/Mask https://dmazsalon.com/davines-su-hair-and-body-care/ or Davines Nounou or Minu Masks https://dmazsalon.com/retail-promotions/ are wonderful for winter stressed hair.
2. Avoid over-washing your hair in winter and in the shower. Try to wash it over the sink or tub with warm to cool water. The pressure of the shower head and the hot water causes the formation of tiny chinks in the surrounding cuticle which adds to the problems of hair dryness and breakage.
3. Towel-dry your hair very gently as aggressive rubbing roughs up the cuticle that can lead to breakage.
4. Professionally prescribed styling products are a must to help protect the hair from thermal styling and the environment. “Layering” your hair products individually and combing each through thoroughly can help achieve added protection, texture and shine. Direct warm (not hot) air from the blow dryer down the hair shaft to encourage the hair to lay flatter.
5. Plenty of water and good nutrition that incorporates small portions of all the key food groups such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean protein sources helps to nourish and protect hair. Taking a quality-grad multivitamin with essential B vitamins (B6, B12, folate), essential fatty acids and adequate minerals can help dry, weak hair prone to breakage in the winter. You can read more here https://dmazsalon.com/top-10-herbs-for-hair-growth/ for the top 10 herbs for hair growth.
The haircare lines at D’MAZ Lifestyle Salon were very carefully chosen based on their proven ability to perform and give the best results with attention and respect for the environment using high-grade natural and organic ingredients https://dmazsalon.com/retail/. It would be a pleasure to prescribe for you a custom home regimen that would help give your hair the best health, shine, and control for your hair texture and type. Call (216) 292-4247 for an appointment today!
D’MAZ Salon Disclaimer: This article is provided solely for general information only. It is in no way intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any form of health, hair/scalp issues or problems and should not be depended upon as a substitute for any consultations with qualified health professionals. Always consult your doctor before beginning, changing or ending any nutritional and/or medicinal programs. Denise Zingale Travis, Master Hairdresser & NGA Certified Personal Trainer License #2310R8 http://dmazsalon.com/about-denise-zingale-travis/
By: Denise Zingale Travis, D’MAZ Lifestyle Salon (216) 292-HAIR (4247)
As we begin a new season ~ Autumn rolls in grabbing our attention with exquisitely colorful leaves, brisk cool air and fabulous chilly weather fashions…. Unfortunately along with the beauty of the season comes unruly, lackluster, dry hair and scalp.
After summer hair care should start immediately to make sure your tresses welcome the cooler season looking shiny, bouncy, soft and restored. “Lightweight” products are great for spring and summer with the added humidity in the air, but a cooler climate calls for thicker ingredients that nourish & replenish hair. Your hair may seem drier as you increase the use of central heating throughout the winter & conditioning is the key. Conditioner such as Aquage SeaExtend conditioners and treatments or ABBA Moisture Conditioner helps to close the cuticle and seal in moisture.
Unless you live in an environmentally friendly city year round, the beginning of autumn is the perfect time to revise and update your hair care regimen. Call Denise at (216) 292-HAIR (4247) to have your personal regimen reviewed and updated today!
The original Moroccanoil® Treatment is an essential foundation for hairstyling that is used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool. Infused with antioxidant-rich argan oil, strengthening proteins and shine-boosting vitamins, this completely transformative treatment detangles, speeds up drying time and boosts shine—leaving hair smooth, manageable and nourished with each use.
Available at D’MAZ Salon in 3.4 oz retail size and .85 oz. travel size.
Looking great is a matter of finding your own personal style!
February-March 2008 – Cleveland Woman’s Journal
By Denise Zingale Travis / D’MAZ Lifestyle Salon
Looking wonderful is not about what’s “in” or the “latest.” The word for women who look great all the time isn’t “fashionable”, it’s “chic.” Unlike great beauty or wealth, whis is a sensibility waiting to be tapped. To be chic is to develop a sustainable style, to look uniquely like yourself – the ideal you – whether you are wearing a pair of jeans and a ponytail or a formal with beautifully up-swept hair. (READ ENTIRE ARTICLE)
Have the days of swimming in chlorine and driving around in your convertible or sunroof open now revealed hair that could contribute to an autumn hayride? What should you do before you start looking for a new style for the coming season? Get your hair back to a healthy shine! (READ ENTIRE ARTICLE)